Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Spoonie Gift Guide

I wasn't actually planning on doing another gift guide, but then I kept coming across things that roughly fit into the 'spoonie' category, so I thought why not?

Don't have a clue what I'm talking about with all this spoonie business?  Do not pass go, do not read any further, go directly to Christine Miserandino's website and read The Spoon Theory.  Aleady read it?  Go read it again anyway.  Because of The Spoon Theory,  people with invisible illnesses have taken to calling themselves 'spoonies'.  Why?  It entertains us, okay?

Anyway, let's start with the fun stuff!



1. Heated Sock Animals - Who needs a hot water bottle anymore, when you can have an adorable heat pack like this?  I think I receive at least one heat pack every birthday/Christmas and I honestly love and use every one of them.
2. Giant Microbes - Why not remind your loved ones of future diseases they may contract?  My boyfriend bought me the Glandular Fever microbe (the kissing disease to them) when I had it a few years ago.  I also have a brain cell one because god knows I need as many of them as I can get.
3. Pill Case iPhone 4 Cover - My only concen with this is that I have so many pill packets lying about that I would probably lose it more often than I already do.



1. Primark Onesies - Primark has some amazing onesies right now.  You can't buy online with Primark so you're going to have to go in store, but they range from around £10-£15 so they are amazing value.
2. Kangaroo Onesie - If you want to be a bit fancier, Kigu has some amazing onesies and oh my god, this one has a baby joey in the pouch. Oh my god.


1. and 2. Spoonie Necklace and Spoonie Earrings - Why not give the gift of some extra spoons?  We could all use some of them.

Now for some relaxing gifts:



1. Lumie Bodyclock Alarm Clock - This alarm clock wakes you up gradually with light that mimics a natural sunrise.  This can apparently reset your sleep cycle which sounds very impressive!
2. And So To Bed Gift Set - This Works have some really lovely gift sets this year and this one has products from their sleep range.
3. Sleep Balm - If you like the idea of the last gift but it's a bit out of your price range, this might be right up your street.  The sleep balm comes in a Christmas bauble, which is just adorable.



1.  Dr Seuss Print - Who doesn't love some Dr Seuss?  I have memories of being a child and reading the book 'Oh The Places We Will Go'.  I can remember the illustrations as if it was yesterday.  Love Dr Seuss.

As well as the gifts above, why not buy them a magazine subscription, or a subscription to Netflix or LoveFilm?  Why not buy them a massage, or pay for them to have a course of Acupuncture or any other alternative therapy?  There are also the many box subscription services - the most popular of which being the beauty boxes (there are loads, just google it), why not give them a nice treat like that?

Anyway, I think that's all I have for now, although I know as soon as I post this I'll think of something else!



1 comment:

  1. Great gift ideas! I love that iPhone case!

    I also like the spoon necklace, but I remember enough of the 70's to associate it with something else :-)

    ReplyDelete